With the temps cooling off there have been some requests for some simple soups! Here is a great one! Potatoes are a wonderful whole food option, excellent for athletes and non. Be sure to clean the leeks well before using and add a dollop of yogurt on top for decor if you like!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups ckicken or vegetable stock
- 6 leeks chopped using the white parts and just a little bit of the green
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 medium potatoes peeled chopped
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 cup milk (you can try milk alternatives such as rice/almond/soy to make this recipe dairy free.It may alter the flavor a little bit.)
- scallions for garnish
- dollop of yogurt for garnish – optional
Method Add oil to a large pot; saute onion and potato for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except for the milk and simmer for 30 minutes. Blend until smooth, return to the pot and add the milk. Garnish with scallions.
Make a big batch and invite friends for a weekend fall ride with soup to follow at your place! Check out NSAG’S recent Veggie Chili post for another nice hot dish!